Thursday, November 25, 2004

Visit to New Age homes

November 20th
Visit to New Age homes

New Age homes consisted of 45 kids and it was more than a shelter for the kids rather than a home. When we reached there we found that the person incharge was out of town and there was no one we could talk to or get details about the place. I was so much surprised to find that the kids were left without a person to control and it was very much hard to digest. My friend had got Bat and balls for the kids to play with. These kids were a bit free to move with. One advantage they had was that food was being served to them from Infosys(IT firm) which was near by the place. So a very important problem was taken care of… We started playing cricket and unusually I found that the team size was gradually decreasing. This was very odd because I have not noticed kids getting tired from playing cricket!!! Then I noticed that they had moved to make some drawings using the crayons that had been distributed to them by my friend. I was not much into drawing because I was not good at it J . After some time I found myself lonely as most of the cricketers have gone to try their hands in drawing. So, I build a lot of courage myself and joined the kids in drawing. I was just trying to encourage them to draw more and was appreciating whatever they had drawn. A few of them asked me to draw some pictures. I tried my level best to escape but they knew how to make me agree. When those sweet eyes were pleading at me for something I had no other choice. I prayed to God to help me draw something, which was somewhat less horrible. I made them promise not to scold me once I finish drawing. As I was drawing I remember those days when I was a kid, my mom used to urge me to practice drawing. Had I listened to her then I would have really made something useful to these kids and would have taught them how to draw. But even now I could teach them something. Teach them how not to draw J !!! I finished drawing a Dog and to my great relief the kids accepted that it was indeed a dog but I was so much certain that it looked like a cross breed between a Dog and a Goat. Then the bigger problem arises. I was sweetly tormented to draw few more pictures. I was more than happy that my drawings brought some smiles to these kids. I continued to draw when I felt a kid was hugging me at my back and held me so tight and kissed me at my ears. I didn’t know how to react. At that moment I felt a lot special. These kids have a lot of untapped love, which is so pure and divine than anything. All they need is some proper guidance. Then it was time to leave. Yet another day I could cherish in my memories forever.

1 Comments:

At 01 December, 2004 04:33, Blogger koolfriend4u said...

Hats off sondii.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home